Wednesday, March 19, 2014

JScarr Sez

This is an inauspicious date never to be remembered in the annals of history. The unimportant event I am announcing will probably have no influence over the course of time, politics, religion, philosophy, economics, or medicine.

If any thing is ever remembered about this, it will be that a simple man from Kentucky has made an exercise of his First Amendment Rights. English majors, editors, etc. please realize I capitalize those words for emphasis, as in this case, they are proper nouns.
The Text:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Over the course of this indefinite length blog, I will express my views regarding issues in the context of my rights granted above. You mar read, agree or disagree, but if I have it sett up right, you will not be able to comment. You should be able to send an email through the blog, and I will respond as time allows. Some may say that this is not in the spirit of the amendment, but I think it does. I also feel that it forces those who wish to comment to exercise their fight or right from their own blog. In simpler terms, this is my soapbox on my front lawn, you need your own on your lawn.

I will not give any biographical information about myself, that will become evident by reading the posts. I will rarely mention people or persons by name, as the focus will be larger than any individual. I will refrain from vulgarity, profanity, or coarse language, because I want this to be appropriate for any one to read, though the arguments may be above the level of some. I do not expect most first graders to understand these posts, but I want no one to have any objection to the reading of them.

So, if you want or need the insight and comments on life, the universe and everything, from a simple fellow from Kentucky, I hope you will enjoy reading the posts. Email comments to jscarrsez@gmail.com, I will attempt to reply or include anonymously in future posts if I find it furthers reasoned and rational discussion of the topic.